PRIVATE HOME, EDGBASTON
Planning approval has been granted by Birmingham City Council for the alterations and large contemporary extension to a three storey Victorian house in Edgbaston Conservation Area, South Birmingham. Built in 1852 the property has a large severn room basement, which along with the loft are both being reconfigured and converted to habitable accommodation. As part of the client’s brief the coach house has been redesigned to create additional living space and guest bedrooms. This phase has been recently completed with the remainder of the works due to start on site soon.
The design of the main phase focuses around the creation of a large family living area to the rear, with wide sliding glazed doors maximising access and views to the mature garden, including the focal point beech tree. The additional space created by the extension includes connecting the Minton tiled hallway to the coach house, with structural frameless glazing linking the two.